Every office wants to project a welcoming image, and appearances go a long way. When your office’s carpets look clean, clients are more likely to have a positive first impression of your business.
Find out how often you should clean your office’s carpets.
Why Does Having a Clean Carpet Matter?
Stained, dirty carpeting can negatively impact your office’s atmosphere, and your employees will be the first to notice. After all, no one wants to stand on a carpet covered in coffee stains and cookie crumbs. If you want your office to remain productive, you should do a surface cleaning of your carpet every day and have a professional cleaning service clean it twice a month.
We recommend you do the following to keep your office’s carpet clean in between professional treatment.
Vacuuming Is Key
You should vacuum your office’s carpets every day to remove dirt, grit, and crumbs. Debris can cut and fray your carpet’s fibers, and the more clients and employees walk on your carpet, the quicker it will wear out. Vacuuming is an office lifesaver because it prevents dirt from embedding into the fibers.
However, if there are certain areas in your office that experience less foot traffic, you can get away with vacuuming them once a week. Pay special attention to areas your clients notice straightaway, such as entranceways and corridors.
The one downside to daily vacuuming is you probably don’t have time to do it. In between running your business and meeting with clients, your schedule is busy enough. Fortunately, you can invest in a robot vacuum that can get the job done. Program it to clean your carpet at a specific time, and it will handle the rest on its own.
Spot Clean to Prevent Permanent Stains
Noticeable stains and soiling on your carpet not only look unsightly but the longer they’re left to linger, the harder they become to remove. Here’s how to remove stains:
- Step 1: Remove any physical debris using a fork or spoon. You’ll want to avoid pressing material deeper into your carpet’s fibers, so try not to use too much pressure. Gently dab the area with a damp cloth. Stick to a plain, white cloth, so you don’t transfer any colors or designs onto your carpet.
- Step 2: Pretreat the area with a stain-removal solution.
- Step 3: Rinse the spot with cool water and dab it again to dry.
Get Rid of Foul Odors
Baking soda is an odor absorber, and it can help neutralize your carpet’s scent. Do the following to deodorize it:
- Step 1: Move your office’s furniture to access the whole surface area. Sprinkle baking soda all over your carpet.
- Step 2: Let the baking soda sit on your carpet overnight.
- Step 3: Vacuum up the baking soda the next day.
Contact Town & Country Office Cleaning
If you’re like most business owners, you would rather spend time making sure your business is running smoothly instead of cleaning your carpet. Town & Country Office Cleaning is a fully licensed office cleaning service that specializes in spot cleaning, sweeping, dusting, and several other services. We offer daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning services, so contact us today for a quote.