A commercial cleaning service can be exactly what your business needs. After all, with the daily hustle and bustle of running a business, you likely don’t have time to clean your business how you’d like.
But before you hire a professional cleaning service to get the job done, you’ll likely want to know what you’re paying for. Today’s blog covers what’s included in a commercial cleaning service, so you’ll know exactly what to expect before the cleaners arrive.
So, what’s included in a commercial cleaning service?
- Dusting Surfaces. Dusting surfaces is a crucial part of any cleaning routine, especially in commercial settings where there can be a high volume of foot traffic and activity. Dust can accumulate quickly on surfaces like desks, tables, and shelves, creating an unsightly appearance and leading to respiratory issues for employees and visitors. When dusting, it’s important to use a microfiber cloth or duster to remove the dust instead of being pushed around. Using a dusting spray or polish can help to prevent dust from accumulating as quickly in the future, keeping your business cleaner for longer.
- Vacuuming or Sweeping. Vacuuming and sweeping help to remove dirt, dust, and debris that can accumulate on floors and surfaces and can also help to prevent the spread of allergens and other contaminants. Vacuuming is particularly effective for removing small particles like dust and dirt from carpets and rugs. It’s important to use the right vacuum for the job, as different types of vacuums are designed for different surfaces and tasks. Sweeping effectively removes larger debris like leaves or food crumbs from hard floors. It’s important to sweep regularly to prevent debris from accumulating and potentially becoming a slip hazard. Plus, having a dirty floor creates an unsightly experience that no one wants.
- Mopping. Mopping is a vital part of any commercial cleaning routine, as it helps to remove dirt, stains, and spills from hard floors. While sweeping and vacuuming are effective for removing loose debris, mopping is necessary for deep cleaning floors and leaving them looking and smelling fresh.
There are a variety of different mops available, including traditional string mops, flat mops, and steam mops, each of which has its advantages and drawbacks.
It’s important to choose the right type of mop for the job and to use the right cleaning solution to ensure that floors are thoroughly cleaned without leaving behind any residue or streaks. Don’t know what type of mop is right for your flooring? A professional can give you some tips.
Regular mopping can also help prevent the buildup of dirt and grime that can lead to slip hazards and contribute to less-than-optimal indoor air quality.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting. Cleaning involves the removal of dirt, dust, and other debris from surfaces while disinfecting involves using chemicals to kill bacteria, viruses, and other harmful pathogens.
While cleaning is important for maintaining a clean appearance and reducing the risk of slip hazards, disinfecting is necessary for preventing the spread of illnesses and diseases. Using the right cleaning and disinfecting products for the job is essential, as different surfaces and areas may require different types of cleaners or disinfectants.
It’s important to follow proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, including using the correct amount of product, allowing sufficient contact time for the disinfectant to work, and properly disposing of any used cleaning materials.
- Restocking Bathroom Supplies. Restocking bathroom supplies is crucial to maintaining a clean and well-equipped restroom. You’ll want toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and hand sanitizer, with a sufficient supply stocked up, so you don’t run out.
It’s also important to regularly check and refill other supplies like air fresheners, feminine hygiene products, and baby changing stations. Restocking bathroom supplies should be done regularly to ensure the restroom is always well-stocked and ready for use.
- Trash Removal. Properly removing waste reduces odors, bacteria, and pest infestations. Trash removal involves collecting trash and throwing it away safely and responsibly. This includes using designated trash bags and bins. Regular trash removal should be conducted daily, or more frequently if necessary, to prevent overflowing trash cans and unsanitary conditions.
Following proper trash removal procedures is important to minimize the risk of injury or exposure to harmful substances. A well-managed trash removal system helps promote cleanliness and hygiene and contributes to a safe and healthy environment.
- Cleaning Kitchens & Breakrooms. These areas are often high-traffic, quickly accumulating dirt, grime, and food and creating an unpleasant environment. Cleaning breakrooms and kitchens involves wiping surfaces, washing dishes, cleaning appliances, and sanitizing countertops, tables, and chairs.
- Wiping Down Glass Surfaces. We recommend wiping down glass surfaces with a clean, lint-free cloth and a suitable cleaning solution to remove dirt, dust, or smudges. It’s important to avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals that can scratch or damage the glass.
- Dusting Fixtures & Vents. Light fixtures can accumulate a thick layer of dust over time, which looks unsightly and affects the quality of light they emit. Vents can harbor allergens and pollutants that can negatively impact indoor air quality.
To effectively dust these areas, start by turning off the lights or HVAC system and using a soft cloth or duster to gently remove any loose dust. Consider using a vacuum with an attachment or a specialized tool for hard-to-reach areas for cleaning fixtures and vents.
And all that is just scratching the surface. Even more commercial cleaning services include carpet, upholstery, window, floor, and stainless steel cleaning.
Have Town & Country Office Cleaning Deep Clean Your Commercial Property
Are you convinced that a commercial cleaning service would help your business? Town & Country Office Cleaning is here to do the job no matter what type of commercial property you own or manage.
Located in Salt Lake City, we provide cleaning services to the greater Salt Lake and Utah Valley areas. Call us at 801.486.3441 or contact us through the form on our website. Let Town & Country Office Cleaning take care of your commercial property!